Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Flowers Appear in the Garden!

Wow!  The garden sure is getting big.  The plants have been loving all this wonderful hot summer weather.  Even only one day of rain has not hindered the rain only side.  Everything is growing well on both sides.

Flowers are blooming on both the zucchini and bean plants.  Do you know what comes next?  Well, here is a preview of things to come when I took a glimpse of the garden today...
Yep, that is the first zucchini harvest!!
And there are many, many more beginning their transformation into yummy zucchini for us to eat.
Do any of you have favorite things you like to eat with zucchini as an ingredient?  I have a feeling the gardeners in the upcoming weeks are going to need lots of ideas to put all of the zucchini harvested to use.

3 comments:

  1. I make great zucchini pancakes! Wow! Thanks to all who have tended the garden! I was worried about the "rain only" side, but looks like both sides are doing well. Amazing! - Mrs. Konop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is taking care of the garden this week? It would be great to hear some comments from you!

    A couple of questions:

    --Is there still water in the rain barrels?

    --GB, have you eaten the zucchini yet? How did you prepare them?

    Mr. Gundlach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!
    This garden is doing great. I am loving the updates and the pictures...kinda cool too to see my classroom windows in the background. I picked my first cucumbers in my own garden this week, also a bunch of green beans which I gave to my Grandma...she was happy.

    I was also wondering if there was any water in the rain barrels.

    I heard Sugar Creek liked our rain barrels so much that they want to get some now. I think we are setting a great example for others.

    To all the families who have participated and helped, THANK YOU (and to Mr. G. for taking the lead on this project from the staff end thanks too).
    see everyone soon,
    Mr. Lohr

    ReplyDelete